Sunday, January 24, 2010
Update
2/24/10
Hi. Well, yesterday (Saturday) was rainy and cold. The coffee shop a few blocks away was as far from the house as we went. Gina wasn’t feeling well and went home to rest. I stayed at the coffee shop and skimmed the headlines of the paper. I understood more than I would have thought. There is lots of coverage here on Haiti and Obama. It seems like every few pages mentioned Obama and his policies. Most of the articles seem positive.
I met Gina at home and tried to accomplish some school work. It didn’t go very well and I ended up sleeping after lunch for about four hours. I had Tortilla Espanola with hot dogs for the first time. It is eggy, oniony and potato yummy goodness.
Gina and I did not make it to the welcome party on the 23rd. We were very close, like a street away, but couldn’t find the place. Oh, well we got good exercise and saw the city at night. The bridges are lit up along the river and their reflections are gorgeous. There were lots of people walking about going to and from bars, shows and home. Everyone was dressed up and calmly enjoying the evening. We almost got lost on the way home, but luckily found where we needed to be quickly.
Today (Sunday) was nicer outside and I have been fairly productive. Gina and I went for coffee around 11 and then went to Ting Ting the dollar store, the only thing open here on Sunday besides restaurants and churches. The owners are Chinese and Montse says they are always open. We got some things to make our room feel more like home. I bought a pushpin board to hang pictures on.
Classes start tomorrow and I am looking forward to getting on a schedule. However, my schedule has a major conflict and I don’t know what I am going to do about it. One of my classes is schedule for the same time as another. Anyway, I guess I’ll figure it out tomorrow.
More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment